The AFGW NSW Education Trust Award is for a woman student in her third year of full time study, with satisfactory academic levels, who can demonstrate significant disadvantage. The AFGW NSW Education Trust Award has been made possible by the generous donations of AFGW NSW Members.
- In the third year of a full time course for any degree at any university in NSW or Canberra, (possibly planning to proceed to honours) and with a good academic record in the course so far
- Be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency in Australia
- Demonstrate significant disadvantage: that is, have overcome or are overcoming disadvantage in the pursuit of your studies.
Disadvantage may include the following:
Financial difficulty or low income
English as a second language
Migrant or refugee status
Disability or medical condition
Geographical isolation/significant distance from campus
Family crisis or difficult family environment
Career/ Study disruption
Other difficult circumstances.
- Completed online application form should be submitted to the AFGW-NSW Inc by 1 JUNE. No applications will be considered after this date
- The Trustees hope to announce the award of the Scholarship by July.
- Scanned copy (pdf) of proof of enrolment in year of application
- Scanned copy (pdf) of original of all university results including those for subjects completed in your present course
- Personal impact statement to explain the nature of your disadvantage and its effect on your study and what benefit the award would provide to you. You may paste in a Word document of no more than 300 words of 11 point Arial font and line spacing 1.5
- PLEASE NOTE: A scanned copy (pdf) or image of proof of citizenship or permanent resident status e.g. extract of birth entry, passport, visa, certificate of citizenship will need to be supplied by short listed candidates upon request.
You are responsible for ensuring your application is complete. An electronic notification of the receipt of your application will be sent but this does NOT mean its content has been checked. Incomplete applications will be rejected as assessment commences. If you do not receive notification that your application has been sent/received please contact the office on email@example.com
Referees will only be contacted for short listed candidates.
Please click here for the AFGW NSW Education Trust Award Application Form