Scholarships / Awards
Scholarships and prizes are awarded annually and administered by Trustees of AFGW-NSW Inc Education Trust.
Please note that the value of scholarships may vary from year to year at the discretion of the Trustees.
Branches award prizes at their own discretion.
One such award is the Dr Barbara Wright Postgraduate Scholarship offered by Central West Branch in alternate years. This scholarship is available to women living in the Central West of NSW who will be undertaking a postgraduate degree/research.
Dr Barbara Wright Postgraduate Scholarship Application Form
Description of Awards - AFGW - NSW
The Australian Federation of Graduate Women – NSW Inc. offers annual awards to outstanding women students who completed the final year of their first degree in 2012. Preference will be given to applicants with significant community involvement and preferably proceeding to approved further study.
Value: The Award for 2013 will be $A1000.00.
- Women students who completed the final year of their first degree in 2012
- Students enrolled in double degrees may only apply when the final year of the first part of this degree was completed in 2012
- Candidates may be studying in any field but a special Molly Price award may be offered to a suitable science student
- Preference will be given to applicants with significant community involvement and preferably proceeding to approved further study
- Be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency in Australia.
Completed online application form should be submitted to the AFGW-NSW Inc by 30 April 2013. No applications will be considered after this date. No other form of application will be accepted.
You are responsible for ensuring your application is complete. An electronic notification of the receipt of your application will be sent but this does NOT mean its content has been checked. Incomplete applications will be rejected as assessment commences.
Referees will only be contacted for short listed candidates.
The Trustees hope to announce the results by 1 July 2013.
For application form, click Jamieson Award application
All information is available on the website.
Hilda Jamieson's Biography
THE TEMPE MANN TRAVELLING SCHOLARSHIP
The Trustees of the Education Trust of the Australian Federation of Graduate Women — NSW Inc. invite applications from women enrolled as a research masters or doctoral degree student at The University of Sydney, or have a first degree or masters from the University of Sydney and be enrolled for a doctorate at another university within NSW, for the TEMPE MANN TRAVELLING SCHOLARSHIP 2013. The Scholarship is awarded to a woman to undertake a short period of advanced research or course work in any field, at an overseas university or equivalent organisation.
Value: The Scholarship for 2013 will be $A7,500. The award will be applied to the cost of the successful
applicant's expenses incurred in the designated study program.
Tenure: The scholarship will be taken up in 2013 for a period to be agreed by the Trustees.
- Be enrolled as a research masters or doctoral degree student at The University of Sydney, or have a first degree or masters from the University of Sydney and be enrolled for a doctorate at another university within NSW
- Have proof of acceptance by the overseas university (or equivalent organisation) at which she proposes to study
- Establish the necessity for overseas study/research
- Be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency in Australia
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend an interview in Sydney in Oct/Nov
- Completed online application form should be submitted to the AFGW-NSW Inc by 30 September 2013. No applications will be considered after this date
- The Trustees hope to announce the award of the Scholarship in December 2013.
Click for the Tempe Mann Scholarship Guidelines and link to Application form
Conchita Poncini Jimenez
International Human Rights Fellowship
For details of the 2012 Scholarship winner and five short listed candidates, please visit the IFUW website's Update page.
The International Federation of University Women (IFUW) is proud to announce the Conchita Poncini Jimenez Human Rights Fellowship to promote the use of human rights instruments and agreements for the advancement of women and girls. The award is named in honour of Conchita Poncini Jimenez, IFUW Representative to the United Nations 1994-2011.
The Conchita Poncini Jimenez Human Rights Fellowship is open to women human rights activists, scholars, journalists, writers, or social scientists of any nationality with a demonstrated commitment to the advancement of women and girls and the attainment of their human rights.
Please see the link below to the application guidelines:
2013 International Fellowship Programme
The Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW) are pleased to announce their 2013 International Fellowship Programme. Please read the attached Guidelines and Application Form Part 1 and Application Form Part 2.