The trustees of AFGW-NSW Inc. Education Trust invite applications for the 2013 AFGW-NSW Inc Tempe Mann Annual Scholarship. The value of the scholarship will be $7,500.00.
The Scholarship is available to women enrolled as a research masters or doctoral degree student at The University of Sydney, or have a first degree or masters from the University of Sydney and be enrolled for a doctorate at another university within NSW. Short listed candidates will be required to attend an interview in Sydney in Oct/Nov. The Scholarship is awarded to a woman to undertake a short period of advanced research or course work in any field, at an overseas university or equivalent organisation. Applicants must be Australian citizens or have permanent residency in Australia.
Conditions of the Award:
- that the successful candidate agree to acknowledge AFGW-NSW support in any publication (including any thesis) that results from the work undertaken
- that she provide a report on the conclusion of the project.
Your online application should provide the following information:
Professional data including:
- Qualifications obtained, where and when
- Prizes or awards granted, where and when
- Publications (if numerous, list the six most important)
- Employment (if applicable)
- Other life activities, community involvement
- Place of research or study. Attach proof of enrolment or of provisional acceptance from the University or other institution at which you propose to work.
- Specific aims of project for which you would use the funds
- Budget summary for the specific project / study
- A statement of other sources of financial support which will supplement the Tempe Mann Scholarship including other grants for which you are an applicant or recipient
- Give the names and email addresses of your supervisor, and an independent referee who is familiar with your academic record and who is able to comment on your proposed project. (DO NOT include references with your application)
- Completed online application form should be submitted to the AFGW-NSW Inc by 30 September 2013. No applications will be considered after this date
- You will receive an electronic notification of the receipt of your application.
If you experience difficulties with your electronic application, please contact the Administrative Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org