Thank you for your interest in AFGW – NSW Inc. We are committed to:
- the promotion of friendship and understanding among women of the world irrespective of their race, nationality, religion or political opinions
- the right of women and girls to reach their full potential through education
- lifelong education of women and girls
- peace, justice and equality
- the recognition and protection of human rights
Membership of AFGW – NSW Inc. entitles you to:
- attend local, state, national and international functions and activities including conferences and seminars
- apply for AFGW and IFUW scholarships
- receive state and national newsletters
- be affiliated with the national council of AFGW through your local branch
Who Can Join?
AFGW welcomes all women who support its purposes and objectives.
Full membership in AFGW is open to women who hold an undergraduate degree or its equivalent from a University or institute of higher education. (Employment in a University or any other location is not a requirement.)
Degrees that are awarded by a university or equivalent institution in any country are recognised as a qualification for membership.
Full members enjoy automatic membership to AFGW Inc and GWI Inc, the Federation’s federal and international bodies. Members may wish to be associated with a branch or simply be considered ‘individual members’.
Associate membership is available to non-graduate women who support the AFGW purposes and objectives. Associate Membership is only open to those who do not qualify for full membership and is membership of AFGW NSW only and not to the federal or international bodies. Associate Members are not eligible to vote at the AFGW NSW AGM.
Before joining you may wish to attend a few local meetings.
How to Join?
Contact the AFGW-NSW office: firstname.lastname@example.org